Self Evaluation – Short CPD Course
You will look at the self-evaluation model and consider how to evaluate objectively. You will learn how to set targets for your personal development and how to source learning opportunities. Learn more about implementing change effectively and how to review your progress. Learning also touches on the OfSTED Self Evaluation Form. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
Any employer will be impressed with your attitude to learning, by continually adding skills to your CV shows real commitment and dedication to your chosen sector.
Short self-evaluation course is:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
- You will learn about the ways in which reflective practice can help you
- You will learn the skills and attributes needed to reflect on practice and self-evaluate effectively
- You will learn that self-evaluation is a continuous process of review and improvement
Advantages of this course
- Throughout our lives we can often gloss over our short-comings and mistakes, pretending that they never happened. Self-evaluation, literally to evaluate ourselves, is essential so that we can learn and develop our skills, understanding, empathy and practice. Similarly, we may also down-play our skills and not recognise our abilities. Self-evaluation can also help us to identify our strengths and areas of our work that we do well.
- This course introduces reflective practice as a tool for self-evaluation; suggesting the required skills and attitudes for effective self-evaluation
- Self-evaluation is a tool to be used in a continuous process of review and improvement, and is an invaluable skill to learn
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Learners will look at the self-evaluation model and explore how to evaluate objectively. They will learn how to set targets for their personal development and how to source learning opportunities. They will look at implementing change effectively and how to review their progress.
This course also touches on the OfSTED Self Evaluation Form. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – Award Self Evaluation (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from the CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete an RQF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over the delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course, students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you don’t complete the first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion, students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.