First Time Leadership Award – Short CPD Course
First Time Leadership CPD course. Students will gain an understanding of the differences between leading & managing in a childcare setting. This first-time leadership cpd course provides qualified practitioners with additional learning to further enhance their CV and career development. Any employer will be impressed with your attitude to learning, by continually adding skills to your CV shows real commitment and dedication to your chosen sector.
Short courses are:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
In this course, explore the difference between leading and managing. Consider the ways in which you can adapt from being a friend to a line manager. Gain an understanding of the art of negotiation and look at your values and beliefs and how this affects your actions. Finally, explore your ability to manage time effectively.
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- You will learn about the diffences between leading and managing
- You will learn ways in which you can negotiate with your team to achieve a win-win situation
- You will learn about key skills associated with time management and get an opportunity to reflect on how you perform in this area
- You will learn how a good leader can keep a sense of balance and evaluate the reasons for challenging circumstance
Advantages of this course
- Becoming a leader of a group of people for the first time means a number of changes, and this course offers information on how attitudes and behaviours may need to be altered in order to be an effective, efficient leader
- This course introduces the problems of leading a group you were previously part of, the need to learn negotiation and time management skills, and the issues of dealing with stress
- As a first time leader it is important to reflect on relationships and how they will change, and how personal values and beliefs will appear to others
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
In this Level 4 lesson learners will explore the difference between leading and managing. They will consider the ways in which they can adapt from being a friend to a line manager. They will gain an understanding of the art of negotiation and look at their values and beliefs and how this affects their actions. Finally they will explore their ability to manage time effectively.
Learners do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the english language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – First Time Leadership (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete a RQF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you dont complete first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.