Cultural Awareness Award – Short CPD Course
This online cultural awareness course (CPD) covers the meaning of cultural awareness and provides qualified practitioners with additional learning to further enhance their CV and career development. Any employer will be impressed with your attitude to learning, by continually adding skills to your CV shows real commitment and dedication to your chosen sector.
Short cultural awareness course is:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
We are lucky to live in a culturally diverse country and many of us will work in a diverse setting. Consider how we can celebrate diversity, the meaning of cultural awareness, and why it is important in educational settings. Learn about inclusive practice and how to encourage it in our work with colleagues and children.
- You will learn that cultural awareness is an important and integral part of supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion
- You will learn that being aware of a person’s culture means understanding not only the outward expressions of that culture, but also the social aspects, intrinsic values, morals, and challenges of adapting to a different country and culture
- You will learn that the awareness of cultural similarities and differences are important within the childcare setting and are a requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage
Advantages of this course
- Cultural awareness is an important and integral part of supporting diversity, equality, and inclusion. It is at the heart of ensuring that all children and their families are valued and respected. In an early years setting, understanding other cultures will inform inclusive practice and meets on of the standards of the EYFS.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
In this lesson, learners will explore the meaning of cultural awareness and gain a better understanding of why it is important within the workplace setting. They will explore how they can promote inclusive practice and how they can plan for diversity and inclusion.
They will also explore the challenges to inclusion and how these might be overcome. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – Award in Cultural Awareness (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from the CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete a QCF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over the delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course, students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you don’t complete the first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion, students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.