The Role of the Key Person Award – Short CPD Course
In this course, learn about the role of the key person and the relationship the key person needs to build with the child's parents. Explore how to promote a child's personal, social, and emotional development and gain a better understanding of what this means in day-to-day practice. Look at factors that affect a child's ability to develop loving, secure relationships and study children's key emotional needs. You will also explore how children develop friendships.
Short courses are:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
- You will learn that it is important to develop a good relationship with the children in your setting
- You will learn about the attributes of a practitioner who cares well for others
- You will learn how to show wisdom and skill in deciding when something that is said to you should remain confidential and when it should be passed on
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at the importance of the role of a key person in a childcare setting. The role is a legal requirement in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and is crucial in a child’s personal, social, and emotional development. A key person, working in partnership with parents/carers, can support a child to relate well to others, make friends and feel secure.
- Gain access to resources to support starting and building upon a relationship with both the child and the parents, and find out more about attachment theory
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
In this online CPD course, students will be taught about the role of the key person and the relationship the key person needs to build with the child’s parents. They will learn how to promote a child’s personal, social and emotional development and gain a better understanding of what this means in day-to-day practice.
They will look at factors that affect a child’s ability to develop loving, secure relationships and look at children’s key emotional needs. They will also explore how children develop friendships. This course is generally intended for learners working in nursery settings.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – Award Fulfiling the Role of the Key Person (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from the CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete an RQF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over the delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course, students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you don’t complete the first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion, students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.