An Enabling Learning Environment Award – Short CPD Course
An Enabling Learning Environment Course. This short online CPD course will provide students new to the childcare sector with valuable insight, whilst also providing qualified practitioners with additional learning to further enhance their CV and career development.
Any employer will be impressed with your attitude to learning, by continually adding skills to your CV shows real commitment and dedication to your chosen sector.
Short courses are:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
Explore the areas of learning that should be found in an enabling early years environment. Consider how these areas promote learning and development, and the role of the practitioner. Learn how to create a ‘room to learn’ using a planned approach and how to adapt your plans and extend learning, according to individual needs and wishes.
This course is appropriate for childcare practitioners working in a range of settings.
- You will learn that in a richly resourced environment, children will learn naturally from all that is around them
- You will learn the importance of providing children with opportunities to learn independently and interact with their peers with minimal adult intervention
- You will learn to consider the possibilities for creating a flow between the indoor and outdoor areas of the setting so that children can move freely between them
Advantages of this course
- The learning in this course reflects the fact that children are naturally curious and want to explore and learn
- The course covers how to plan a room for learning, how to designate responsibility to staff, how to link the areas for learning and planned activities to the Early Learning Goals, and how to ensure that the learning environment meets the needs of all children, including those with special needs
- In planning and creating an enabling learning environment, this course also looks at ways of keeping costs low
- Video examples of effective enabling environments based on jungles and space are included
- This course also looks at the importance of including the outdoors, as well as the indoors, in the learning environment; introducing the idea of Forest Schools
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Certificate: Optional Cache Certificate
Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
Duration: Complete in a matter of hours
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Learners will gain an understanding of the areas of learning that they should find in any good play environment. They will explore how these areas promote learning and development and the part that they as practitioners may play in this. They will learn how to create a room to learn for themselves using a planned approach and learn how to adapt their plans according to children’s needs, wishes and desires. This course is appropriate for childcare practitioners working in a range of settings
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the english language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – An Enabling Learning Environment (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete a QCF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on your chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you dont complete first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.