Understanding Leadership & Management Award – Short CPD Course
Understanding Leadership & Management CPD course. In this course, you will think about the role of a leader and what an effective leader does. Explore a wide variety of leadership styles and the importance of communication. Learn how to deal with conflict in a way that leads to successful resolution.
Short courses are:
- Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
- Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
- Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team
- You will learn about the roles and responsibilities of those in leadership and management roles
- You will learn what a leader does and give consideration to what type of leader you are or might want to become
- You will learn about different leadership styles and the importance of adopting different styles for different situations
Advantages of this course
- This course looks at the challenges facing those in a leadership position and offers an introduction to the different leadership styles. It also includes leadership skills, such as the importance of communicating when leading a team.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the english language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – Understanding Leadership & Management (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete a RQF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you dont complete first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.