Managing Safeguarding Award – Short CPD Course
Managing Safeguarding CPD course. This short course explores managing safeguarding at early years and childcare settings. Explore information sharing, keeping children safe in education, and working together to safeguard children. This course considers best practice for managing allegations made against your staff, and how to write safeguarding policies and procedures.
Short courses are:
Ideal for developing skills to enter the workplace
Adding to any recognised qualification you may already hold
Linked to many subjects covered by courses currently listed on the RQF
This course is suitable for managers with safeguarding responsibilities at early years or childcare settings.
- You will learn the details of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- You will learn about relevant safeguarding legislation in the UK
- You will gain an understanding of what makes some children more vulnerable to abuse and neglect
- You will be able to write, and review, your own safeguarding policies and procedures
Advantages of this course
- As a society, we have a duty to protect children and young people from harm. This is often referred to as ‘safeguarding’ and every nation will have its own laws relating to safeguarding, which cascades down to a local level. As such, it is imperative that practitioners are aware of the relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures, and, importantly, know how to put it in to practice. This course will help to deepen understanding of safeguarding, and provides a specific guide to multi-agency working.
- Should there be concerns over the welfare of a child, staff should be equipped with the knowledge that will enable them to not only identify signs and symptoms of abuse but act appropriately. This course suggests reading, presentations, and additional information that will provide practical information and expand knowledge.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Managing safeguarding focuses on communication and information sharing as well as highlighting the need to evaluate policies and practices. The course includes practical exercises designed to enable practitioners to support all areas of safeguarding through reflection and promotion of multi-agency working.
This Level 4 course is suitable for practitioners working in child care, playwork and health and social care settings. This course is aimed at learners who are currently working in a managerial or supervisory role in a childcare setting.
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the english language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills
Have a genuine desire to succeed
CACHE ELP – Managing Safeguarding (£18 certificate fee payable)
This course provides successful students with a completion certificate from CACHE and their enhanced learning program. Awarding body CACHE is recognised as an awarding organisation by the qualification regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland, who are: the office of the qualifications and examinations regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the council for curriculum, examinations and assessment (CCA) in Northern Ireland.
CACHE is the UK’s only specialist awarding organisation for the children, adult and health care sectors, with a portfolio of qualifications ranging from Entry to Level 5. Last year, over 150,000 learners registered with them from over 1000 UK based Centres and overseas.
Please note: Short courses provide students with CPD completion certification. To complete a fully recognised qualification students are required to complete a RQF listed course in addition.
Receipt of Certification: Certification is awarded by CACHE and can take up to 12 weeks to be received after completion of your studies. All certification will be delivered to students direct at their home address. UK Open College have no control over delivery of certification awarded by the external awarding bodies. Any outstanding fees are payable before certification is issued
These short courses can be completed in approx 10 hours of study. This will depend on student commitment and ability. Ideal for those who are considering a career in the childcare sector or indeed qualified practitioners looking to enhance their skills in a particular topic.
Students are able to complete their course purely online though our student portal. Students can expect to receive access to the student portal via email within 3 working days of enrolment being received.
Once enrolment is received we will email you access and log in information to make a start on our chosen course.
Students will progress through a series of topics online through our student portal. At the end of the course students will complete a multiple choice quiz type assessment. If you dont complete first time you can try the assessment again at no extra charge. Upon completion students can download and print a college certificate whilst awaiting their CACHE endorsed certification.