Beauty Therapy Level 2 Award – Endorsed
This online Level 2 Beauty Therapy Course offers students a knowledge base in this ever-popular sector.
If you aspire to become a beauty therapist and not quite sure that this is the role for you, then this course provides you with the ideal opportunity to find out.
This distance learning course allows students to complete fully from home over a 12 month period.
Students also have access to a dedicated tutor via email with whom they may correspond with to answer any queries.
A beauty therapy course enables you to:
- Know how to apply various beauty treatments including facials, manicure and pedicures, eyelashes and eyebrows and waxing
- Gain an introduction into make-up
- Understand the health and safety risks within various workplaces
Qualification: Beauty Therapy Level 2
Support: 1-year support included
Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
Endorsed Specification: Certificate of Achievement
Price: Interest-Free Finance
Learners will complete 7 units of study in total as listed below.
7 tutor marked assignment to complete
Unit 1: Health and safety
- Identify the hazards and evaluate the risks in your workplace
- Reduce the risks to health and safety in the workplace
- Know and understand how to make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Identify ways to improve personal performance at work
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Understand salon roles, procedures and targets
Unit 2: Customer service
- Identify and promote additional services or products that are available
- Know the relevant legislation for the sale of goods
- Maintain a successful reception area
- Deal with enquires
- Book appointments
- Take payments
Unit 3: Facial skin care treatment
- Work safely and effectively in line with current practice when providing a facial treatment
- Understand the organisation and legal requirements
- Perform client consultation and treatment plans
- Understand anatomy and physiology relevant to facial treatments
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict treatment
- Know facial care techniques, products and planning
- Provide aftercare advice to clients for facial care treatments
- Identify various skin types
- Understand the benefits of facial massage and the techniques used
Unit 4: Manicure and pedicure services
- Work safely and hygienically when providing manicure and pedicure treatments
- Perform an effective client consultation
- Understand contraindications and how they make restrict or prevent a treatment
- Understand the anatomy and physiology that relates to manicure and pedicure
- Understand manicure and pedicure services, techniques and products
- Provide aftercare advice to clients
Unit 5: Eyelashes and eyebrows
- Perform a consultation and plan the treatment
- Understand contraindications that may prevent or restrict the treatment
- Know the equipment, materials and products
- Have the underpinning knowledge to perform an eyebrow shape, eyelash tint and eyebrow tint
- Give aftercare advice for eye treatments
Unit 6: Waxing
- Work safely and effectively when providing waxing
- Conduct a consultation, plan and prepare the treatment
- Understand contraindication that may prevent or restrict the treatment
- Know equipment, procedures and techniques for the various forms of hair removal, including the benefits and disadvantages of each
- Understand the importance of waxing aftercare
Unit 7: An introduction to make up
- Know the organisational and legal requirements related to makeup
- Work safely and effectively when providing makeup
- Conduct an effective consultation and plan for makeup application
- Know anatomy and physiology relating to makeup
- Know contraindications that may prevent or restrict makeup application
- Understand how to apply products and their uses
- Provide aftercare
No previous qualifications are required
Students looking to enrol onto this course should meet the following criteria:
Be aged 16 Years or above
Possess a solid knowledge of the English language
Have access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course
Basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents etc
Have a genuine desire to succeed
This course comes with 12 months of support included:
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) – 80 Hours
Total Qualification Time (TQT) – 100 Hours
On average, learners will complete this course within 6 months.
ABC Quality License Scheme – Certificate of Achievement
At the end of this course, successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details all of the units you have completed as part of your course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards’ Quality Licence Scheme & is offered in partnership with Open Study College (OSC). This means that OSC has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future.
The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by OFQUAL, to indicate the depth of study and level of difficulty involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Open Study College to meet specific learners’ and /or employers requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. Abc Awards & Cert awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards & Certs Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards & Certa Awards combine over 180 years of experience combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards & Certs Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14: all are developed with the support of the relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Regulated qualifications refer to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual/CCEA/Qualification Wales
Select between studying purely online or opt to receive a paper copy of your lessons in the post.
If you opt for a paper copy:
Your initial study pack will be posted to you within 7 days of making payment. Your course pack will contain all you need to start your course, including your course lessons, tutor details, support contact details and student study guide.
Learners are then able to prepare their assignments using a word processing program ready to be emailed directly to their tutor for marking.
If you opt for the online version:
You will access your course lessons using our online learning platform, you can access all of your correspondence, FAQ’s and general course guidance. Our platform can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection 24/7.
Tutors & Support
Tutors & Support
All learners have access to a qualified tutor via email for the stated support period. In addition to this, you are able to speak to our support team via telephone with any query you may have relating your course.
Our tutors and support team have years of experience in delivering online and distance learning courses. If you require help, then we are only a phone call away.
Learners will be required to complete a series of tutor-marked assignments ( normally 1 after each unit) as they progress through this course. Each assignment will contain a variety of tasks/questions. These assignments are assessed by your tutor to monitor progress. You will be provided with constructive feedback to help you in completing each unit to the required standard.
There is no examination to complete as the course is completed using continual assessment.
Why UK Open College?
Why UK Open College?
|✅ Enrol online today – No set term times|
|✅ Accredited College – We are fully approved|
|✅ Spread the cost – interest-free finance (Guaranteed acceptance*)|
|✅ NUS/Totum Student Card Approved*|
|✅ Trading since 2006 – We will not let you down|
|✅ Flexible learning – Study at a time that suits you|
|✅ Qualified Tutors – Fast assignment turnaround|
*NUS/TOTUM Student cards are only available to students who are studying a fully recognised RQF/QCF course of 120 study hours or more. £12 fee per year applies.
Trustpilot - Read what our students think !
Payments plans - Guaranteed acceptance*
Payments plans - Guaranteed acceptance*
Select whether to pay in full upon enrolment or opt to pay a deposit and spread the cost with our Interest-free payment plan. *Guaranteed acceptance for those who meet the following conditions:
Aged 18 and above (Maximum age 75)
Permanent resident in the UK
Be able to provide 3 years of address history from the UK
Have a UK bank account that accepts direct debits
Hold a valid UK credit or debit card
Please note: We do not carry out credit checks
Alternative payment plans may be available for those that do not meet these conditions. Please speak to a member of our team who will be happy to assist on 0121 792 3872.
Applicants choosing the monthly option will be required to complete and sign a financial agreement for the remaining payments. All payments to be set up via direct debit. We are only able to set up monthly payments for students resident in the UK.
Please note: Once a payment plan is set up, you are liable to pay the course fees in full whether you complete the course or not. Please ensure the monthly repayments are affordable before agreeing to any payment plan offered.
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
Once received at your requested delivery address, you have 14 days to ensure this course meets your needs and requirements. If for any reason you are not happy, simply return your course pack unused for a refund.*
*Minus postage. An admin fee is deducted from any deposit refunded if a finance plan is arranged and then cancelled.
Our full T’s & C’s can be viewed here.